Kelly Martin, Owner, Lead Planner + Designer
10 facts aboutKelly
1. I worked as an event planner for seven years before relocating to Charlotte in 2010 and joining the Head Over Heels Weddings & Events team. Eight years later, we have evolved into Kelly & Co. Events and I could not be more proud of our work and incredible team!
2. I am a hopeless perfectionist and absolutely obsessed with details. Calling me “OCD” is probably the best compliment you could give me. This makes it difficult to host a simple get-together at my home, as it always turns into a lavish, detail-driven, themed event. It drives my husband crazy.
3. I received my Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling from Georgia State University. I have worked with many different people over the years and have found that my counseling background is really beneficial in the wedding & event planning industry!
4. I have had the same two best friends since I was 13-years old. And I still talk to them on the phone almost every day.
5. I like to think I’m adventurous so I’ll try new things, like snorkeling, parasailing, zip lining and helicopter rides. Unfortunately, I’m also claustrophobic, scared of heights and very prone to motion sickness so none of my adventures have ended well.
6. I am originally from Baltimore but lived in Houston and Atlanta before finally settling down in Charlotte. I finally feel like I’m home.
7. I would love to enjoy a good margarita but I’m literally allergic to tequila. Thank goodness for wine!
8. I was a huge tomboy growing up and played softball and basketball for most of my life. I always said I could never marry anyone who didn’t love sports.
9. I have been with my husband, Brad (who loves sports) for 19 years and we’ve been married for almost 15 years. We have two handsome boys, Colby (13) and Cooper (9). Oh, and our 5-year old gentle giant, Stanley - a 115-pound Chocolate Lab.
10. I absolutely love to design and transform a space. Whether it’s a room in my own home, an outdoor space or an event venue, it is so exciting to see all the design board elements come to life. And the expression on our clients’ faces when we reveal the space is one of my favorite parts of every event.
meet the rest of our team